Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting stoked for winter!

Its November already! I don't really know where the last few months went but suddenly its dark at 4:30 and exams are looming. The good news is that the mountains are getting ready to ski! I have been building my ski stoke this month by getting my new gear all ready. Michael at Marker/Volkl hooked me up with some sweet gear that I can't wait to take out for a spin, including the 177 Volkl Nanuq with a Marker F12 binding for touring! Most excellent!
Some of the new gear
In order to get some early turns in, I went out to Brandywine with the Varsity Outdoors Club to hike for some snow. It  happened to be one of the wettest hikes I have ever done and did not yield any snow, much to our disappointment. Next time I think we will study the directions a bit better and try not to get quite so lost.
Pumped to go skiing!
Everyone is very wet
The VOC also hosted a Superheros of Stoke screening at UBC, very successful fundraiser for the Canadian Avalanche Centre. They raised a few thousand dollars for the CAC and had around 300 people come out for the movie and get excited about the snow to come. Thanks to Michael for donating some Volkl goodies for drawprizes.

Its not quite winter yet. Last weekend I was able to get one last outdoor climb in, a pleasant surprise. It will be here soon though. Whistler opens in 3 days and the temperatures are dropping. I have some pretty exciting plans for the season so come on Ullr, bring us some snow!

November 10, 2012. Area 44




1 comment:

  1. not enough people wearing plaid/gingham shirts in the norm theatre picture.

    ReplyDelete